In an effort to better serve you, Barona has introduced a new online donation application. In addition to a more timely response to all incoming requests, the new process will support and complement Barona’s environmental initiatives. To be considered for a donation or sponsorship, you must complete the online application. Requests submitted via email, mail, phone, or fax will not be accepted. All requests will be screened and reviewed for consideration by the Community Relations Committee. In making determinations on contribution requests, the Committee places emphasis on well-managed non-profit organizations and programs. Funding decisions are also based on the quality of the organizations programs and their support of Barona’s key areas of focus. Additional consideration includes the scope of each program and the overall impact on the community. Barona maintains the flexibility to accommodate new and innovative approaches to meeting the needs of the community.
* Due to the volume of requests received, donation requests for auction and raffle items must be submitted at least 60 – 90 days prior to the date the donation is needed.
* Sponsorship requests should be submitted by October for consideration in the following year, as planning is based on a calendar year.
* Sponsorships exceeding $10,000 must include performance measurement criteria and the requestor must be prepared to submit a report of achievement.
* We will respond to all requests with the decision of the committee, regardless of the outcome within 6 - 8 weeks of review.
* Please be aware that there is a 6 month waiting period before another application may be submitted.
We generally exclude requests that benefit:
* Local sports organizations
* An individual person or family
* General operating expenses
* Political candidates or organizations
* Film or documentary productions
* Memorials, endowments, or grants
* Organizations outside of California
* Travel expenses
* Groups seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips or conventions
* Loan or loan guarantees
* Capital improvement or building funds